9/16/13

First Birthday Party

 
My older son loves Curious George, so when our youngest was turning 1 year old, we had plenty of inspration around the house for a birthday theme!
 






 
 
Party favors for the younger guests included coloring books from the Dollar Store and bookmarks that I downloaded from the pbsparents website. They also had some great masks and coloring pages that I left out for the kids activities.



I asked the guests to sign his Curious George book. This was an idea that I found on Pinterest. Everyone loved the idea and the inside cover was full of wonderful messages for him. The note in the frame says "When I'm Older, I'll be curious about who was here to celebrate with me. Please sign my book and leave a note for me! - Curious Brayden"


I printed and laminated images of Cusious George book covers, denoting the various "stations" at the party. "Curious George and the Chocolate Factory", "Curious George Says Thank you", "Curious George and the Birthday Surprise", etc.
I used yellow cheveron wrapping paper that I found at T.J. Maxx for the "tablecloth". It was colorfull and made clean up a breeze!

The boy's grandmother made the Curious George cake! She is always out-doing herself with her amazing cake creations!

Everyone had a great time and the little guy made a great mess!


Sources:
Red Cheveron Runner from LaruesLine
Printables from Mama Moonlights. Lauren is awesome, she customized one of the backgrounds for me to tie in the cheveron patterns that were found elsewhere!
Party Hat and Bib from Dainty Couture
Tableware and containters were from Target and the Dollar Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment